1. Bridge – Hum Canceling – This position will have the most “edge” or “bite”, it responds great to distortion. Perfect for solos or in your face rhythm parts, the HB-2 humbucker possesses the bold mid-range typical of standard humbuckers but with tighter lows and sparkling highs that don’t get brittle.
2. Bridge + Middle – This position lends itself well to all styles of music. Blending the warmth and power of the HB-2 bridge pickup and the sparkle of the single coil in the middle position. This position also has slightly less midrange for a bit of classic in-between quack.
3. Middle – This position provides a great “Raw” tone. Gentle playing will produce a more acoustic like tone, while digging deep into the strings or applying distortion make this position give a more aggressive, raw tone.
4. Middle + Neck – Hum Canceling – This position is great for clean style tones, and especially shines for fast rhythm parts like in funk music. Adding distortion to this position will give a “smoother” tonality, really good for more singing style solos.
5. Neck – This position is ideal for warm, full tones. Responds very will to fingerpicking or picks, and great for both driven and clean tones. This is a very jazz ready tone, and drive produces a “smooth & edgy” tone, great for solos in any style of music.