Now Hiring: Finish Technician
Our Guild Oxnard factory is seeking a key individual to assist in our finishing/paint area. This position will assist with sanding, grain filling, inspecting and painting guitar finishes. This position requires precise attention to detail and proficient hand to eye coordination / dexterity.
Knowledge in the finishing process of clear coat materials is in preferred. Experience in color matching and repairs of defects in color/woods would be very helpful.
Context of Position:
Sprays guitar bodies & necks in the paint department in a manner that allows for the highest first time pass through the buffing and polishing process. This includes the grain-fill process, level sanding and color touch up and repairs. This is performed through careful follow-through, technique, application, precise hand/eye coordination and inspection of the product.
• Ability to detect defects & flaws in unfinished wood
• Must be detail-oriented and focused
• Have knowledge in the proper use of hand tools
• Ability to use hand/power tools in a safe manner in which they were intended
• Timeliness and ready to work at prescribed times & intervals
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to perform basic mathematics (high school level or equivalent)
Please send resume to email@example.com with “Finish Technician” followed by your name as the subject. No phone calls please.