Director of Distribution Centers
Cordoba Music Group is a leading manufacturer and distributor of acoustic and electric guitars, ukuleles, basses and musical instrument accessories. Some of CMG’s brands include Cordoba Guitars®, Guild Guitars®, DeArmond® and HumiCase®, which are internationally distributed and played by a wide range of musicians. Cordoba is the largest supplier of nylon string guitars and ukuleles in U.S. retail chains, online retailers, and independent dealers across the USA. Guild is an iconic brand of acoustic and electric instruments with roots going back to the early 50’s. Other CMG brands include Savarez®, and Aquila®, of which CMG is the largest importer and U.S. distributor. The company’s corporate headquarters are located in Santa Monica, CA, manufacturing facility is in Oxnard, CA and distribution centers are in Oxnard, CA, Moerdijk, Netherlands and Guangzhou, China.
The Distribution Director will direct all policy, procedure and operational aspects of distribution centers in Oxnard, CA, Moerdijk, Netherlands and Gunagzhou, China. This position be based in Oxnard, CA and will report to the CEO.
- Ensures timely and cost efficient delivery of inventory and finished goods.
- Utilizes systems to monitor and track inventory through the distribution chain and identify and resolve issues.
- Manages inventory control, quality inspection, shipping and receiving, warehouse operations and maintenance of equipment and facilities.
- Creates functional strategies and specific objectives and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure.
- Responsible for managing facilities, operations cost and maintenance, including evaluating new locations and managing warehouse relocations as needed
- Responsible for safety and training within distribution centers.
- Passionate about music, specifically guitars of all shapes and sizes
- Deep knowledge of distribution center management and global logistics
- Experience with lean management
- Adept with use of computers, ERP systems and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel)
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of managerial experience
- Ability to travel internationally as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a positive attitude
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask, execute and pay attention to detail in a fast-paced, high-urgency, high energy environment
- Highly adaptable to rapid changes common to a growing business
Please send cover letter, resume, and compensation requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Distribution Director” followed by your name as the subject. No phone calls please.
Please note that this job specification is not intended to be a complete list of duties, and additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.