Guild Guitars is seeking to fill the full time position of Industrial Designer. The Industrial Designer’s role will develop and design manufactured products; they will combine their artistic talent with research on product use, marketing and materials to create the most functional and appealing product design. Qualified candidates have 3-5 years experience and will have experience working closely with Manufacturing and R & D from start to finish. Experience or knowledge of musical instruments is a plus.
- Prepare sketches of ideas, detailed drawings, illustrations, artwork or blueprints, using drafting instruments, paints and brushes, or computer-aided design equipment
- Confer with engineering, marketing, production, and sales to establish and evaluate design concepts
- Direct and coordinate the fabrication of models or samples and the drafting of working drawings and specification sheets from sketches
- Evaluate feasibility of design ideas, based on factors such as appearance, safety, function, serviceability, budget, production costs/methods and market characteristics
- 3-5 years experience with computer aided design CAD software
- Familiarity with Autodesk AliasStudio, Autodesk Maya for Design Visualization, Siemens PLM Software UGS NX, and SolidWorks CAD software
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.